Scientific title: Senior Research Associate
Education: PhD in Physics
Laboratory: Development of numerical and experimental methods in radiation and atomic physics
- Address: Institute for Information Technologies Kragujevac, Jovana Cvijića bb, 34000 Kragujevac.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IBI (Researcher Identification Number): AW261
The research is oriented to the investigation of the detection of ionizing radiation using solid state nuclear track detectors. A computer program was developed according to model based on the diffusion, deposition and decay of radon and its progeny in diffusion chamber. The focus of research was to investigate spatial distribution of alpha particle tracks produced by radon and its progeny on CR-39 detector surface. The research also include measurements of natural and artificial radionuclides in the environment, measurements of radon concentrations, examination of correlations between radon concentrations and 226Ra concentrations in the surrounding soil, and studies of the transfer of radionuclides from soil to plants. The plan also includes a comparison of different methods for determining the emanation fraction of radon, based on gamma spectrometry and fitting experimental data obtained by the RAD7 device
- Milenkovic, J.M. Stajic, T. Zeremski, S. Strbac, N. Stojic, D. Nikezic, Is Kragujevac city still a “hot spot” area, twenty years after the bombing?, Chemosphere, (2020), vol. 245, str. 125610. DOI: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2019.125610.
- Biljana Milenkovic, Jelena M. Stajic, Natasa Stojic, Mira Pucarevic, Snezana Strbac, Evaluation of heavy metals and radionuclides in fish and seafood products, Chemosphere, (2019), vol. 229, str. 324-331. DOI: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2019.04.189.
- Biljana Milenkovic, Jelena M. Stajic, Ljiljana Gulan, Tijana Zeremski, Dragoslav Nikezic, Radioactivity levels and heavy metals in the urban soil of Central Serbia, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, (2015), vol. 22, str. 16732-16741.DOI: 10.1007/s11356-015-4869-9.
- Milenkovic, N. Stevanovic, D. Nikezic, M. Ivanovic, Computer program Neutron_CR-39 for simulation of neutrons from an Am-Be source and calculation of proton track profiles, Computer Physics Communications, (2011), vol. 182, str. 1536-1542. DOI: 10.1016/j.cpc.2011.03.024.
- Biljana Milenković, Dragoslav Nikezić, Nenad Stevanović, A simulation of neutron interaction from Am-Be source with the CR-39 detector, Radiation Measurements, (2010), vol. 45, str. 1338-1341. DOI: 10.1016/j.radmeas.2010.06.049.