Scientific title: Senior Research Associate
Education: PhD – Chemical Sciences
Laboratory: Bioorganic and bioinorganic chemistry
- Address: Institute for Information Technologies Kragujevac, Jovana Cvijića bb, 34000 Kragujevac.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- IBI (Researcher Identification Number): AU115
Researches belong to the field of bioorganic, bioinorganic and medicinal chemistry. The kinetics and mechanisms of formation reactions, as well as the interaction with biomolecules, are examined using various spectroscopic (NMR, UV-Vis, fluorimetry) and theoretical (DFT, docking) methods. Within bioorganic chemistry, research is directed towards the synthesis, characterization and testing of various biological activities of physiologically active heterocyclic compounds, cyclic ethers, various hydantoin derivatives and their molecular hybrids with some natural products. Within bioinorganic chemistry, research is directed towards the synthesis and characterization of various mono- and polynuclear complexes of transition metal ions as antitumor agents, as well as the examination of their cytotoxic activity and mechanisms of action.
- Biljana Šmit, Radoslav Z. Pavlović, Three-step synthetic pathway to fused bicyclic hydantoins involving a selenocyclization step, Tetrahedron, (2015), vol. 71, str. 1101-1108, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tet.2014.12.088.
- Biljana Šmit, Marko Rodić, Radoslav Z. Pavlović, Synthesis of angularly fused (homo)triquinane type hydantoins as precursors of bicyclic α-prolines, Synthesis-Stuttgart, (2016), vol. 48, str. 387-393. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0035-1561285.
- Tanja V. Soldatović, Enisa Selimović, Nevena Milivojević, Milena Jovanović, Biljana Šmit, Novel heteronuclear Pt(II)-L-Zn(II) complexes: synthesis, interactions with biomolecules, cytotoxic properties. Two metals give promising antitumor activity?, Appied Organometallic Chemistry, (2020), e5864, https://doi.org/10.1002/aoc.5864.
- Snežana Jovanović-Stević, Snežana R. Radisavljević, Andreas Scheurer, Dušan C. Ćoćić, Biljana Šmit, Marijana Z. Petković, Marko N. Živanović, Katarina Virijević, Biljana V. Petrović, Bis(triazinyl)pyridine complexes of Pt(II) and Pd(II): studies of the nucleophilic substitution reactions, DNA/HSA interactions, molecular docking and biological activity, Journal of Biological Inorganic Chemistry, (2021), vol. 26, str. 625-637, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00775-021-01879-3.
- Petar Stanić, Biljana Šmit, Dejan Milenković, Kinetics and mechanism of amino acid derived 2-thiohydanoin formation reactions, Reaction Chemistry & Engineering, (2023), https://doi.org/10.1039/D2RE00423B.