Scientific title: Senior Research Associate
Education: PhD – Chemical Sciences
Laboratory: Chemoinformatics and molecular design
- Address: Institute for Information Technologies Kragujevac, Jovana Cvijića bb, 34000 Kragujevac.
- E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- IBI (Researcher Identification Number): AE237
Dr. Dejan Milenković studies the mechanisms of antiradical action of natural compounds against free radical species using thermodynamic and kinetic approaches. Dr. Dejan Milenković deal with investigations at the level of structures – the antiradical activity of selected coumarin derivatives according to biologically important reactive oxygen species (hydroxy, peroxy, superoxide anion, ascorbyl and chlorinated methylperoxy), reactive nitrogen species (nitrogen monoxide), as well as model radicals (DPPH and ABTS). Аlso, he deal with investigations of anti-radical mechanisms (HAA, RAF, HAA-RA, RAF-HAA, RAF-SPLET, SPLET and SET-PT), in different solvents, and based on thermodynamic and kinetic parameters, the dominant mechanism of antiradical action will be determined. Based on the values of the kinetic parameters, an insight into the speed of the deactivation reaction of free radicals by the tested compounds will be obtained. In addition, Dr. Dejan Milenković will deal with testing the inhibitory activity of selected molecules using molecular docking simulation, as well as testing the quantitative structure-activity relationship of selected natural compounds based on the construction of a QSAR (Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationship) model.
- Dejan Milenković, Jelena Đorović, Vladimir Petrović, Edina Avdović, Zoran Marković, Hydrogen atom transfer versus proton coupled electron transfer mechanism of gallic acid with different peroxy radicals, Reac. Kinet. Mech. Cat., 123, 215–230, 2018. DOI: 10.1007/s11144-017-1286-8.
- Dejan Milenković, Jasmina Dimitrić-Marković, Dušan Dimić, Svetlana Jeremić, Dragan Amić, Marijana Stanojević Pirković, Zoran Marković, Structural characterization of kaempferol: spectroscopic and computational study, Maced. J. Chem. En., 38, 49–62, 2019. DOI: 10.20450/mjcce.2019.1333.
- Dejan Milenković, Dušan Dimić, Edina Avdović, Ana Amić, Jasmina Dimitrić-Marković, Zoran Marković, Advanced oxidation process of coumarins by hydroxyl radical: Towards the new mechanism leading to less toxic products, Chem. Eng. J., 395, 124971, 2020. DOI: 10.1016/j.cej.2020.124971.
- Dušan Dimić, Dejan Milenković, Edina Avdović, Đura Nakarada, Jasmina Dimitrić-Marković, Zoran Marković, Advanced oxidation processes of coumarins by hydroperoxyl radical: An experimental and theoretical study, and ecotoxicology assessment, Chem. Eng. J., 424, 130331, 2021. DOI: 10.1016/j.cej.2021.130331.
- Petar Stanić, Biljana Šmit, Dejan Milenković, Kinetics and mechanism of amino acid derived 2-thiohydanoin formation reactions, React. Chem. Eng., 2023, Accepted Manuscript. DOI: 10.1039/D2RE00423B.