Scientific title: Senior Research Associate
Education: PhD in Chemistry
Laboratory: Bioorganic and bioinorganic chemistry
- Address: Institute for Information Technologies Kragujevac, Jovana Cvijića bb, 34000 Kragujevac.
The main part of the research includes the synthesis of potentially biologically active organic and metal-organic compounds. The synthesized compounds belong to the group of phenolic Schiff and Mannich bases, coumarin derivatives, as well as to the group of nitrogenous heterocyclic molecules that contain a piperidine, pyrazolone, pyrazole or pyrazolo-phthalazine unit in their structure, and often a phenolic part. Syntheses are mainly realized using “tools of green organic synthesis”. The structural characterization of the obtained compounds is performed using various experimental and theoretical techniques. Also, a significant part of the research is determination of the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity of the obtained products using various in vitro tests.
- Marko R. Antonijević, Dušica M. Simijonović, Edina H. Avdović, Andrija Ćirić, Zorica D. Petrović, Jasmina Dimitrić Marković, Višnja Stepanić, Zoran S. Marković, Green One-Pot Synthesis of Coumarin-Hydroxybenzohydrazide Hybrids and Their Antioxidant Potency, Antioxidants, (2021), vol. 10, str. 1106. DOI: 10.3390/antiox10071106.
- Dušica Simijonović, Evangelia-Eirini Vlachou, Zorica D. Petrović, Dimitra J. Hadjipavlou-Litina, Κonstantinos E. Litinas, Nevena Stanković, Nezrina Mihović, Milan P. Mladenović, Dicoumarol derivatives: Green synthesis and molecular modelling studies of their anti-LOX activity, Bioorganic Chemistry, (2018), vol. 80, str. 741-752. DOI: 10.1016/j.bioorg.2018.07.021.
- Dušica Simijonović, Evangelia-Eirini Vlachou, Konstantinos E. Litinas, Zorica D. Petrović, Vladimir P. Petrović, Synthesis, structural characterization, and molecular docking study of new phthalhydrazide-coumarin hybrids, Journal of Molecular Structure, (2021), vol. 1226, str. 129366. DOI: 10.1016/j.molstruc.2020.129366.
- Vesna M. Milovanović, Zorica D. Petrović, Slađana Novaković, Goran A. Bogdanović, Vladimir P. Petrović, Dušica Simijonović, Green synthesis of benzamide-dioxoisoindoline derivatives and assessment of their radical scavenging activity – Experimental and theoretical approach, Tetrahedron (2020), vol. 76, str. 131456. DOI: 10.1016/j.tet.2020.131456.
- Dušica Simijonović, Zorica D. Petrović, Vesna M. Milovanović, Vladimir P. Petrović, Goran A. Bogdanović, A new efficient domino approach for the synthesis of pyrazolyl-phthalazine-diones. Antiradical activity of novel phenolic products, RSC Advances, (2018), vol. 8, str. 16663-16673. DOI: 10.1039/c8ra02702a.