Scientific title: Research Associate
Education: PhD in Chemistry
Laboratory: Bioorganic and bioinorganic chemistry
- Address: Institute for Information Technologies Kragujevac, Jovana Cvijića bb, 34000 Kragujevac.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IBI (Researcher Identification Number): AJ847
The scientific research work of Dr. Edina Avdović is based on the synthesis of various hydroxycoumarin derivatives and their corresponding transition metal complexes using various experimental methods. The structural characterization of the newly synthesized compounds was performed using X-ray structural analysis, various spectroscopic and DFT methods. In addition, research is focused on investigating the biological activities of new hydroxycoumarin derivatives and their transition metal complexes. The most important part of the research is based on testing antitumor activity in vitro on different cell lines, as well as in silico using molecular docking and molecular dynamics. A significant part of the research is focused on determining the antioxidant potential of polyhydroxycoumarin using various DPPH, ABTS and FRAP tests.
- Edina H. Avdović, Isidora P. Petrović , Milena J. Stevanović, Luciano Saso, Jasmina M. Dimitrić Marković, Nenad D. Filipović , Miroslav Ž. Živić ,Tijana N. Cvetić Antić, Milan V. Žižić, Nataša V. Todorović, Milena Vukić, Srećko R. Trifunović, and Zoran S. Marković, Synthesis and Biological Screening of New 4-Hydroxycoumarin Derivatives and Their Palladium(II) Complexes, Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, 2021 (2021) 18-36, IF2021= 7.310, ISSN: 1942-0900 DOI: 10.1155/2021/8849568
- Aleksandra Krstic, Aleksandar Pavic, Edina Avdović, Zoran Markovic, Milena Stevanovic and Isidora Petrovic, Coumarin-Palladium(II) Complex Acts as a Potent and Non-Toxic Anticancer Agent against Pancreatic Carcinoma Cells, Molecules, 27 (2022) 2115, IF2021= 4.927, ISSN: 1420-3049, doi: 10.3390/molecules27072115
- Edina H. Avdović, Žiko B. Milanović, Marko N. Živanovića, Dragana S. Šeklić, Ivana D. Radojević, Ljiljana R. Čomić, Srećko R. Trifunović, Ana Amić, Zoran S. Marković, Synthesis, spectroscopic characterization, biological activity, DFT and molecular docking study of novel 4-hydroxycoumarine derivatives and corresponding palladium(II) complexes, Inorganica Chimica Acta, 504 (2020) 119465, IF2020=2.545, ISSN: 0020-169, doi: 10.1016/j.ica.2020.119465.
- Dušan S. Dimić, Zoran S. Marković, Luciano Saso, Edina H. Avdović, Jelena R. Đorović, Isidora P. Petrović, Danijela D. Stanisavljević, Milena J. Stevanović, Ivan Potočňák, Erika Samoľová, Srećko R. Trifunović, Jasmina M. Dimitrić Marković, Synthesis and characterization of 3-(1-((3,4-dihydroxyphenethyl) amino) ethylidene)-chroman-2,4-dione as potentional anti-tumor agent, Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, 2019 (2019) 12-24, IF2019=5.076, ISSN: 1942-0900 DOI: 10.1155/2019/2069250.
- Marko R. Antonijević, Dušica M. Simijonović, Edina H. Avdović, Andrija Cirić, Zorica D. Petrović, Jasmina Dimitrić Marković , Višnja Stepanić and Zoran S. Marković, Green One-Pot Synthesis of Coumarin-Hydroxybenzohydrazide Hybrids and Their Antioxidant Potency, Antioxidants, 10 (2021), 1106, IF2021= 7.675, ISSN:2076-3921, doi: 10.3390/ antiox10071106.