Scientific title: Research Associate
Education: PhD – Mechanical Engineering
- Address: Institute for Information Technologies Kragujevac, Jovana Cvijića bb, 34000 Kragujevac.
- E-mail: email@example.com
Тhe subject of research is the field of computational fluid dynamics and numerical simulations. Primarily, the emphasis is on the study of blood flow through blood vessels and the problems that arise. The causes that lead to the process of atherosclerosis in the coronary and carotid arteries and the ways in which it develops further are determined using computer numerical simulations. The starting point is real DICOM images obtained from the world’s most famous hospitals. Using modern software solutions, it is possible to reconstruct them, and such 3D models are the entry point for further three-dimensional solving of blood flow problems.
- Nenad Filipovic, Dalibor Nikolic, Igor Saveljic, Zarko Milosevic, Themis Exarchos, Gualtiero Pelosi and Oberdan Parodi, Computer simulation of three dimensional plaque formation and progression in the coronary artery, Computers and Fluids, Vol. 88, pp. 826-833. 2013, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.compfluid.2013.07.006
- Brönnimann D, Djukic T, Triet R, Dellenbach C, Saveljic I, Rieger M, Rohr S, Filipovic N, Djonov V, (2016) Pharmacological Modulation of Hemodynamics in Adult Zebrafish In Vivo. PLoS ONE 11(3): e0150948. doi: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0150948
- Tijana Djukic, Igor Saveljic, Gualtiero Pelosi, Oberdan Parodi, Nenad Filipovic (2019) Numerical simulation of stent deployment within patient-specific artery and its validation against clinical data, Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, Volume 175, pp. 121-127, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cmpb.2019.04.005
- Filipovic, N., Saveljic, I., Hamada, K. et al. Abrupt Deterioration of COVID-19 Patients and Spreading of SARS COV-2 Virions in the Lungs. Ann Biomed Eng 48, 2705–2706 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10439-020-02676-w
- Tijana Djukic, Igor Saveljic, Gualtiero Pelosi, Oberdan Parodi, Nenad Filipovic, A study on the accuracy and efficiency of the improved numerical model for stent implantation using clinical data, Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, Volume 207, 2021, 106196, ISSN 0169-2607, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cmpb.2021.106196