Scientific title: Senior Research Associate
Education: PhD in Physics
Laboratory: Development of numerical and experimental methods in radiation and atomic physics
- Address: Institute for Information Technologies Kragujevac, Jovana Cvijića bb, 34000 Kragujevac.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- IBI (Researcher Identification Number): AM270
The research is mainly focused on studying alpha particle detection with Solid State Nuclear Track Detectors (SSNTDs), including detector response functions, calibration coefficients, energy window and critical detection angles. The research also includes investigation of radon emanation power and radon exhalation rate as well as different methods of measuring radon and radon progeny concentrations in air and water. The research activities are also devoted to measurement of specific activities of natural and artificial radionuclides in the environment, aiming to explore the factors that affect their distribution, bioavailability, and human health risks. The research employs experimental procedures, theoretical models and computer simulation methods.
- J.M. Stajic, V.M. Markovic, B. Milenkovic, N. Stevanovic, D. Nikezic, Distribution of alpha particle tracks on CR-39 detector in radon diffusion chamber, Radiation Physics and Chemistry, (2021), Vol. 181, 109340. DOI: 10.1016/j.radphyschem.2020.109340.
- J.M. Stajic, B. Milenkovic, D. Nikezic. Study of CR-39 and Makrofol efficiency for radon measurements, Radiation Measuremens, (2018), vol. 117, 19-23. DOI: 10.1016/j.radmeas.2018.07.008.
- J.M. Stajic, B. Milenkovic, M. Pucarevic, N. Stojic, I. Vasiljevic, D. Nikezic, Exposure of school children to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, heavy metals and radionuclides in the urban soil of Kragujevac City, Central Serbia, Chemosphere, (2016), vol. 146, 68-74. DOI: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2015.12.006.
- J.M. Stajic, D. Nikezic, Measurement of radon exhalation rates from some building materials used in Serbian construction, Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, (2015), vol. 303, 1943-1947. DOI 10.1007/s10967-014-3726-5.
- M. Stajic, Dragoslav Nikezic, Theoretical calculation of radon emanation fraction, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research, Section B (2014), Vol. 336, 19-25. DOI: 10.1016/j.nimb.2014.06.013.