Scientific title: Research Associate
Education: PhD in Biological Sciences
Laboratory: Bioinformatics and applied biology
- Address: Institute for Information Technologies Kragujevac, Jovana Cvijića bb, 34000 Kragujevac.
- E-mail:email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- IBI (Researcher Identification Number): AS744
In the previous research period, Katarina G. Marković was investigated the biochemical and physiological characteristics of enterobacteria from autochthonous fermented milk products, as well as in vitro testing of biofilms and resistance of enterobacteria. The research was extended to in vitro testing of the ability of enterobacteria to produce biogenic amines as well as the hemolysis ability of selected strains. She is also actively engaged in phytochemical, antioxidant, antimicrobial and antibiofilm testing of plant extracts. In addition to the mentioned research, a new direction of research has been started, which concerns green synthesis, i.e. formation of biologically active nanoparticles by plants. The green synthesis of nanoparticles from silver nitrate and water extract of the selected plant is planned, as well as the demonstration of formed nanoparticles by SEM and TEM microscopy. In addition to microscopy, the formation of nanoparticles will be monitored by the spectrophotometric method. Apart from the aqueous extract, the acetone extract will also be investigated, as well as the formed silver nanoparticles by extract. The research will be extended to examine the biological potential of nanoparticles.
- Mirjana Grujović, Katarina Mladenović, Teresa Semedo-Lemsaddek, Matra Laranjo, Olgica Stefanović, Sunčica Kocić-Tanackov, Advantages and disadvantages of non-starter lactic acid bacteria from traditional fermented foods: potential use as starters or probiotics, Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety, (2022), vol. 21 (2), str. 1537-1567. DOI: 10.1111/1541-4337.12897; IF2021: 15.786; M21a.
- Katarina Mladenović, Mirjana Grujović, Maja Kiš, Sanja Furmeg, Vesna Jaki Tkalec, Olgica Stefanović, Sunčica Kocić-Tanackov, Enterobacteriaceae in food safety with an emphasis on raw milk and meat, Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, (2021), vol. 105, str. 8615–8627. DOI: 10.1007/s00253-021-11655-7; IF2021: 5.560; M21.
- Katarina Marković, Mirjana Grujović, Maja Koraćević, Danijela Nikodijević, Milena Milutinović, Teresa Semedo-Lemsaddek, Milan Djilas, Colicins and microcins produced by Enterobacteriaceae: characterization, mode of action, and putative applications. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, (2022), vol. 19(18), str. 11825. DOI: 10.3390/ijerph191811825; IF2021: 4.614; M21.