Scientific title: Senior Research Associate
Education: PhD in Chemistry
Laboratory: Bioorganic and Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Address: Institute for Information Technologies Kragujevac, Jovana Cvijića bb, 34000 Kragujevac.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- IBI (Researcher Identification Number): AK990
In previous period, the research was dedicated to the development of the methods for the synthesis of heterocyclic compounds with organoselenium moiety in the structure, as well as to the investigation of kinetic and mechanism of these reactions and their coordination with transition metals to test different biological activities of newly formed complexes. Current research is dealing with development and optimization of the synthetic methods for the preparation of Schiff bases from different biogenic amines and seleno-bearing amino acids, as molecules with potential pharmacological application. The focus of biological screening will be placed on the investigation of antimicrobial, antitumor activities on different cancer cell lines, as well as on the studies of interaction of compounds with BSA and DNA and docking simulation for the better understanding of biological activities at molecular level. It is also planed the coordination of the synthetized Schiff bases with different transition metals for the further investigation of the pharmacological potential of obtained complex compounds
- Ritu Mamgain, Marina Kostic, Fateh V. Singh, Synthesis and Antioxidant Properties of Organoselenium Compounds. Current Medicinal Chemistry, (2022), doi: 10.2174/0929867329666220801165849.
- Sven Mangelinckx, Marina D. Kostic, Simon Backx, Biljana V. Petrovic, Norbert De Kimpe, Synthesis of Racemic 2-(Aminomethyl)cyclopropane-1,1-dicarboxylic Acid as a New Constrained gamma-Amino Dicarboxylic Acid Bypassing Alkyl 3-Aza-2-oxobicyclo[3.1.0]hexane-1-carboxylates. European Journal of Organic Chemistry, (2019), vol. 2019 br. 31-32, str. 5187-5189.
- Marina D. Kostic, Vera M. Divac, Green solvents in organoselenium chemistry. Environmental Chemistry Letters, (2019), vol. 17 br. 2, str. 897-915.
- Zorica M. Bugarcic, Vera M. Divac, Marina D. Kostic, Nenad Z. Jankovic, Frank W. Heinemann, Niko S. Radulovic, Zorica Z. Stojanovic-Radic, Synthesis, crystal and solution structures and antimicrobial screening of palladium(II) complexes with 2-(phenylselanylmethyl)oxolane and 2-(phenylselanylmethyl)oxane as ligands. Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, (2015), vol. 143, str. 9-19.
- Marina D. Rvović, Vera M. Divac, Ralph Puchta and Zorica M. Bugarčić, Mechanistic investigation of the base-promoted cycloselenoetherification of pent-4-en-1-ol. Journal of Molecular Modeling, (2011), vol. 17(6), str.1251-1257