Scientific title: Research Associate
Education: PhD – Mechanical Engineering
- Address: Institute for Information Technologies Kragujevac, Jovana Cvijića bb, 34000 Kragujevac.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Focus of research is on development of computational models applied in the bioengineering field (development of mathematical models and their numerical solution). Some of developed models so far include heart model (ablation), coronary and carotid arteries (plaque growth), middle and inner ear (hearing and balance), testing of biomaterials and organ-on-a-chip concept (lungs, liver), model of fibrotic cardiac microtissue, kidney model (renal epithelial cell polarisation). Methods for numerical solutions can be continuum and discrete, and models can be solved at different scales (micro, meso, macro) in dependence on research requirements. Recent studies have been directed in the field of regenerative medicine, where computational models could improve optimisation process of novel regenerative strategies ( bringing faster to the stage on preclinical / clinical trials).
- Ignasi Jorba, Milica Nikolic, Carlijn VC Bouten, Chapter 8. Mechanical Considerations of Myocardial Tissue and Cardiac Regeneration, in book Cardiac and Vascular Biology Springer, accepted for publication
- Filipovic N., Nikolic M. and Sustersic T., 2020, Chapter 28, “Simulation of organ-on-a-chip systems”, in book Biomaterials for Organ and Tissue Regeneration, New Technologies and Future Prospects, ISBN 978-0-08-102906-0, pp. 753-790, https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-08-102906-0.00028-3.
- Nikolic M., Sustersic T. and Filipovic N., (2018), “In vitro models and on-chip systems: Biomaterial interaction studies with tissues generated using lung epithelial and liver metabolic cell lines”, Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology, Vol. 6, Article 120, pp. 1-13, doi: 10.3389/fbioe.2018.00120, received: 31 May 2018; accepted: 13 August 2018; published: 3 September 2018, eISSN: 2296-4185, IF 5.122. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fbioe.2018.00120/full.
- Tijana Šušteršič, Gorkem Muttalip Simsek, Guney Guven Yapici, Milica Nikolić, Radun Vulović, Nenad Filipovic and Nihal Engin Vrana, An In-Silico Corrosion Model for Biomedical Applications for Coupling With In-Vitro Biocompatibility Tests for Estimation of Long-Term Effects, Front. Bioeng. Biotechnol., 07 September 2021, https://doi.org/10.3389/fbioe.2021.718026 , IF 6.064.
- Vulovic R., Nikolic M., Filipovic N., 2018, (2019), “Smart Platform for the Analysis of Cupula Deformation caused by Otoconia Presence within SCCs”, Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 130-138, DOI: 10.1080/10255842.2018.1539166, Published online: 24 Dec 2018, ISSN 1476-8259. https://doi.org/10.1080/10255842.2018.1539166.