Scientific title: Senior Research Associate
Education: PhD in Chemistry
Laboratory: Bioorganic and Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Address: Institute for Information Technologies Kragujevac, Jovana Cvijića bb, 34000 Kragujevac.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IBI (Researcher Identification Number): BF547
Developing green and sustainable methods of organic synthesis, primarily for the synthesis of Biginelli, as well as quinoxalinone, benzoxazinone and benzylidene derivatives is subject of interest. All derivatives were exposed to pharmacological and biological studies. Generally, the most active compounds against specific tumors were differentiated. These molecules are currently in the next phase of preclinical trials. The second part of the achieved results is related to the synthesis and application of pharmacologically active ionic liquids. In forthcoming projects main goal will be to synthesized library of the tetrahydropyirimidnes as inhibitors of the specific biological targets.
- N. Janković, et al. Water-tuned tautomer-selective tandem synthesis of the 5,6-Dihydropyrimidin-4(3H)-ones, driven under the umbrella of sustainable chemistry, ACS Sustainable Chemistry Engineering, 2018, 6 (10), 13358–13366.
- N. Janković, et al. Discovery of the Biginelli hybrids as novel caspase-9 activators in apoptotic machines: lipophilicity, molecular docking study, influence on angiogenesis gene and miR-21 expression levels, Bioorganic Chemistry 2019, 86, 569-582.
- Janković, et al. A new class of half-sandwich ruthenium complexes containing Biginelli hybrids: anticancer and anti-SARS-CoV-2 activities. Chemico-Biological Interactions, 2022, 363, 110025.