Scientific title: Senior Research Associate
Education: PhD in Biology
Laboratory: Bioinformatics and applied biology
- Address: Institute for Information Technologies Kragujevac, Jovana Cvijića bb, 34000 Kragujevac.
- IBI (Researcher Identification Number): AI687
Dr. Sanja Matić made a significant scientific contribution in the field of Biology, especially Genetic and Genotoxicology. The researches were directed in two directions: the first refers to tests of potential genotoxic activity, ie. abilities of plant extracts and selected secondary plant metabolites to induce in vitro and in vivo DNA damage; while the second is aimed at examining the protective activity of biologically active substances in germinal and/or somatic cells in organisms of different organizational levels. Examination of the in vitro antigenotoxic activity of plant extracts and selected pure components aims to detect the degree of DNA protection on damage DNA induced by hydroxyl and peroxyl radicals, which encourages further research and their potential use for nutritional and/or pharmacological purposes. After testing methanolic extracts and components in conditions that simulate physiological conditions, ie. in vitro conditions, genotoxic activity and DNA protective potential were investigated in vivo using a test for the detection of sex-linked recessive lethal mutations in the eukaryotic model organism D. melanogaster and using the Comet asaay in D. melanogaster and Wistar rats with the aim of obtaining results that would most closely speak about the physiological significance of the tested agents
- Milan Mladenović, Nevena Stanković, Sanja Matić, Snežana Stanić, Mirjana Mihailović, Vladimir Mihailović, Jelena Katanić, Tatjana Boroja, Nenad Vuković, Newly discovered chroman-2,4-diones neutralize the in vivo DNA damage induced by alkylation through the inhibition of Topoisomerase IIa: A story behind the molecular modeling approach, Biochemical Pharmacology, (2015), vol. 98, str. 243–266. DOI: 10.1016/j.bcp.2015.08.106. ISSN: 0006-2952. IF2015 = 5.091 M21a.
- Sanja Matić, Jelena Katanić, Snežana Stanić, Milan Mladenović, Nevena Stanković, Vladimir Mihailović, Tatjana Boroja, In vitro and in vivo assessment of the genotoxicity and antigenotoxicity of the Filipendula hexapetala and Filipendula ulmaria methanol extracts, Journal of Ethnopharmacology, (2015), vol. 174, str. 287-292. DOI: 10.1016/j.jep.2015.08.025. ISSN: 0378-8741. IF2015 = 3.055 M21a.
- Sanja Matić, Snežana Stanić, Mirjana Mihailović, Desanka Bogojević, Cotinus coggygria Scop.: An overview of its chemical constituents, pharmacological and toxicological potential, Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences, (2016), vol. 23, str. 452-461. DOI: 10.1016/j.sjbs.2015.05.012. ISSN: 1319-562X. IF2016 = 2.564 M21.
- Nikola Stanković, Ivana Kostić, Boris Jovanović, Dimitrija Savić-Zdravković, Sanja Matić, Jelena Bašić, Tatjana Cvetković, Jelica Simeunović, Djuradj Milošević, Can phytoplankton blooming be harmful to benthic organisms? The toxic influence of Anabaena sp. and Chlorella sp. on Chironomus riparius larvae, Science of The Total Environment, (2020), vol. 729, str. 138666. DOI: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.138666. IF2020 = 7.963.
- Milena Vukić, Nenad Vuković, Milan Mladenović, Nevena Tomašević, Sanja Matić, Snežana Stanić S, Filippo Sapienza, Rino Ragno, Mijat Božović, Miroslava Kacániová, Chemical composition of various Nepeta cataria plant organs’ methanol extracts associated with in vivo hepatoprotective and antigenotoxic features as well as molecular modeling investigations, Plants, (2022), vol. 11, str. 2114. DOI: 10.3390/plants11162114. IF2021 = 4.658 M21a.