Scientific title: Senior Research Associate
Education: PhD – Mechanical Engineering
- Address: Institute for Information Technologies Kragujevac, Jovana Cvijića bb, 34000 Kragujevac.
- E-mail: email@example.com
Development of numerical models and software for the simulations of diverse phenomena in biomedicine, including simulations of blood flow through larger and smaller blood vessels, simulations of motion of particles immersed in fluid, multi-scale modeling of the behavior of cancer cells, modeling the process of canalithiasis in vestibular system, modeling the process of stent implantation in coronary arteries etc. Main research interests are in the area of fluid and computational mechanics; solid-fluid interaction, microfluidics, multi-scale cancer modeling, parallel computing and modeling using finite element and lattice Boltzmann method.
- T. Djukic, M. Topalovic, N. Filipovic, Validation of lattice Boltzmann based software for blood flow simulations in complex patient-specific arteries against traditional CFD methods, Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 203, pp. 957-976, 2023 (doi: 10.1016/j.matcom.2022.07.027).
- T. Djukic, I. Saveljic, G. Pelosi, O. Parodi, N. Filipovic, A study on the accuracy and efficiency of the improved numerical model for stent implantation using clinical data, Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine 207, pp. 106196, 2021 (doi: 10.1016/j.cmpb.2021.106196).
- T. Djukic, M. Topalovic, N. Filipovic, Numerical simulation of isolation of cancer cells in a microfluidic chip, J. Micromech. Microeng., 25, pp. 084012, 2015 (doi:10.1088/0960-1317/25/8/084012)
- T. Djukic, I. Saveljic, N. Filipovic, Numerical modeling of the motion of otoconia particles in the patient-specific semicircular canal, Computational Particle Mechanics, vol. 6 (4), pp. 767-780, 2019 (doi:10.1007/s40571-019-00260-1)
- T. Djukic, S. Karthik, I. Saveljic, V. Djonov, N. Filipovic, Modeling the behavior of red blood cells within the caudal vein plexus of zebrafish, Frontiers in Physiology, 2016 (doi: 10.3389/fphys.2016.00455).