Scientific title: Principal Research Fellow
Education: PhD – Chemical Sciences
Laboratory: Chemoinformatics and molecular design
- Address: Institute for Information Technologies Kragujevac, Jovana Cvijića bb, 34000 Kragujevac.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IBI (Researcher Identification Number): AX239
Prof. Dr. Zoran Marković studies the mechanisms of antiradical action of natural compounds against free radical species using thermodynamic and kinetic approaches. Prof. Dr. Zoran Marković deal with investigations at the level of structures – the antiradical activity of selected coumarin derivatives according to biologically important reactive oxygen species (hydroxy, peroxy, superoxide anion, ascorbyl and chlorinated methylperoxy), reactive nitrogen species (nitrogen monoxide), as well as model radicals (DPPH and ABTS). Аlso, he deal with investigations of anti-radical mechanisms (HAA, RAF, HAA-RA, RAF-HAA, RAF-SPLET, SPLET and SET-PT), in different solvents, and based on thermodynamic and kinetic parameters, the dominant mechanism of antiradical action will be determined. Based on the values of the kinetic parameters, an insight into the speed of the deactivation reaction of free radicals by the tested compounds will be obtained. In addition, prof. Marković deal with the synthesis and characterization of coumarin derivatives and their transition metal complexes, as well as in vitro testing antioxidant/pro-oxidative activities. Additionally, it will deal with the investigation of protein-ligand interactions of coumarin derivatives with selected proteins.
- Žiko Milanović, Dušan Dimić, Marko Antonijević, Milan Žižić, Dejan Milenković, Edina Avdović, and Zoran Marković. Influence of acid-base equilibria on the rate of the chemical reaction in the advanced oxidation processes: Coumarin derivatives and hydroxyl radical. Chemical Engineering Journal 453, 139648, 2023. DOI: 10.1016/j.cej.2022.139648.
- Krstic, Aleksandra, Aleksandar Pavic, Edina Avdovic, Zoran Markovic, Milena Stevanovic, and Isidora Petrovic. Coumarin-Palladium (II) Complex Acts as a Potent and Non-Toxic Anticancer Agent against Pancreatic Carcinoma Cells. Molecules 27(7), 2115, 2022. DOI: 10.1016/j.cej.2022.139648.
- Edina H. Avdović, Isidora P. Petrović, Milena J. Stevanović, Luciano Saso, Jasmina M. Dimitrić Marković, Nenad D. Filipović, Miroslav Ž. Živić, Nataša V. Todorović, Milena Vukić, Srećko R. Trifunović, Zoran S. Marković, Synthesis and Biological Screening of New 4-Hydroxycoumarin Derivatives and Their Palladium (II) Complexes. Oxidative medicine and cellular longevity 2021, 2021. DOI:10.1155/2021/8849568.
- Dušan Dimić, Dejan Milenković, Edina Avdović, Đura Nakarada, Jasmina Dimitrić-Marković, Zoran Marković, Advanced oxidation processes of coumarins by hydroperoxyl radical: An experimental and theoretical study, and ecotoxicology assessment, Chemical Engineering Journal, 424, 130331, 2021. DOI:10.1016/j.cej.2021.130331.
- Dejan Milenković, Dušan Dimić, Edina Avdović, Ana Amić, Jasmina Dimitrić-Marković, Zoran Marković, Advanced oxidation process of coumarins by hydroxyl radical: Towards the new mechanism leading to less toxic products, Chemical Engineering Journal, 395, 124971, 2020. DOI:10.1016/j.cej.2020.124971.