Scientific title: Research Assistant
Education: Master in Chemistry
Laboratory: Bioorganic and bioinorganic chemistry
- Address: Institute for Information Technologies Kragujevac, Jovana Cvijića bb, 34000 Kragujevac.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- IBI (Researcher Identification Number): AE102
The main topic of the research is the synthesis, characterization, and biological evaluation of selected aza-heterocycles. Synthesis of tetrahydropyrimidines and investigation of their influence on selected cancer cell lines, their mechanism of action, pharmacokinetic parameters, and toxicology are the most important part of the research. Also, interaction with selected compounds with biomacromolecules such as DNK, and BSA is part of the investigation. Besides, antimicrobial activity on different strains of fungi and bacteria has been examined. One of the goals during the optimization of reaction conditions is an application of the principles of green chemistry and the development of new sustainable methods that will avoid the usage of harmful solvents and/or catalysts in the first place. Currently, new tetrahydropyrimidne-based polymers have been synthesized and their characteristics and potential application have been investigated.
- Еmilija Milović, Nenad Z. Janković, Milan B. Vraneš, Srdjan Stefanović, Jelena Petronijević, Nenad Joksimović, Jovana M. Muškinja, Zoran R. Ratković. Green one-pot synthesis of pyrido-dipyrimidine DNA-base hybrids in water, Chem. Lett. 19, 729–736 (2021). DOI: 10.1007/s10311-020-01076-9.
- Emilija Milović, Nenad Janković, Goran A. Bogdanović, Jelena Petronijević, Nenad Joksimović. On water synthesis of the novel 2-oxo-1,2,3,4-tetrahydropyrimidines, Tetrahedron, 78, 131790 (2021). DOI: 10.1016/j.tet.2020.131790.
- Еmilija Milović, Nenad Janković, Jelena Petronijević, Nenad Joksimović, Marijana Kosanić, Tatjana Stanojković, Ivana Matić, Nadja Grozdanić, Olivera Klisurić, Srdjan Stefanović. Synthesis, Characterization, and Biological Evaluation of Tetrahydropyrimidines: Dual-Activity and Mechanism of Action. 14, 2254 (2022). DOI: 10.3390/pharmaceutics14102254.