Scientific title: Research Assistant
Education: Master in Chemistry – Environmental protection/Master of Biomedical Engineering
Laboratory: Bioinformatics and applied biology
- Address: Institute for Information Technologies Kragujevac, Jovana Cvijića bb, 34000 Kragujevac.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- IBI (Researcher Identification Number): BB382
The research of Katarina Virijević is focused on the synthesis and characterization of potentially biologically active derivatives of 2-thiohydantoin, as well as on the investigation of various biological activities. The experimental part presents a detailed description of the synthesis and characterization of three different series of 2-thiohydantoin molecular hybrids, spectral and crystallographic data, as well as all methods used (biological and theoretical tests). The interaction of the newly synthesized compounds with DNA, bovine serum albumin (BSA), and human serum albumin (HSA) will also be investigated. The interactions of the obtained hybrids with DNA will be examined Uv-Vis spectrophotometrically and spectrofluorimetrically, where the binding constants and the binding method of the synthesized compounds with the DNA molecule will be determined based on the obtained results.
- Katarina D. Virijević, Petar Stanić, Jovana M. Muškinja, Jelena Katanić Stanković, Nikola Srećković, Marko Živanović, Biljana Šmit, Synthesis and biological activity of novel zingerone-thiohydantoin hybrids, Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society (2022). DOI: 10.2298/JSC220404047V. IF=1.240 за 2020. годину; 141/178; М23; област: Chemistry, Multidisciplinary.
- Angelina Z. Petrović, Dušan C. Ćoćić, Dirk Bockfeld, Marko Živanović, Nevena Milivojević, Katarina Virijević, Nenad Janković, Andreas Scheurer, Milan Vraneš, Jovana V. Bogojeski, Biological activity of bis(pyrazolylpyridine) and terpyridine Os(II) complexes in the presence of biocompatible ionic liquids, Inorganic Chemistry Frontiers 8 (2021) 2749-2770, DOI: 1039/D0QI01540G, IF=6.569 за 2020. годину; 3/45; М21a; област: Chemistry, Inorganic & Nuclear.
- Dragana Š. Šeklić, Milena M. Jovanović, Katarina D. Virijević, Jelena N. Grujić, Marko N. Živanović, Snežana D. Marković, Pseudevernia furfuracea inhibits migration and invasion of colorectal carcinoma cell lines, Journal of Ethnopharmacology 284 (2022) 114758, DOI: 10.1016/j.jep.2021.114758, IF=4.360 за 2020. годину; 5/29; М21; област: Integrative & Complementary Medicine.