Scientific title: Junior Research Assistant
Education: Master in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering
- Address: Institute for Information Technologies Kragujevac, Jovana Cvijića bb, 34000 Kragujevac.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
My research interests are developing multiscale computational models of biophysical systems and tissues at different temporal and spatial scales tightly coupled to experimental data. In recent years, I have been intensively engaged in elucidating the mechanisms of muscle contraction, as well as analyzing and modeling the impact of cardiovascular genetic diseases and drugs on the functioning of the heart muscle. Moreover, I’m working on the development and refinement of computational platform for realistic simulations of muscle contractions, MUSICO, as well as the development of software and methodology for the interpretation of X-ray diffraction patterns in living muscle fibers and the prediction of equatorial patterns in the diffraction image of muscles, MUSICO-X.
- Filipovic N., Sustersic T., Milosevic M., Milicevic B., Simic V., Prodanovic M., Mijailovic S., Kojic M. (2022): “SILICOFCM platform, multiscale modeling of left ventricle from echocardiographic images and drug influence for cardiomyopathy disease”, Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, 227, 107194. DOI: 10.1016/j.cmpb.2022.107194.
- Prodanovic M., Geeves M. A., Poggesi C., Regnier M., Mijailovich S.M. (2022): “Effect of Myosin Isoforms on Cardiac Muscle Twitch of Mice, Rats and Humans”, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 23(3), 1135. DOI: 10.3390/ijms23031135.
- Mijailovich S.M., Prodanovic M., Poggesi C., Powers J.D., Davis J., Geeves M.A., Regnier M. (2021): “The effect of variable troponin C mutation thin filament incorporation on cardiac muscle twitch contractions”, Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology, 155, 112-124. DOI: 10.1016/j.yjmcc.2021.02.009.
- Mijailovich S.M., Prodanovic M., Poggesi C., Geeves M.A., Regnier M. (2021): “Multiscale Modeling of Twitch Contractions in Cardiac Trabeculae”, Journal of General Physiology 153 (3) (2021) e202012604. DOI: 10.1085/jgp.202012604.
- Mijailovich S.M., Prodanovic M., Irving T.C. (2019): “Estimation of Forces on Actin Filaments in Living Muscle from X-ray Diffraction Patterns and Mechanical Data“, International journal of molecular sciences, 20(23), 6044.DOI: 10.3390/ijms20236044.