Scientific title: Research Assistant
Education: PhD in Chemistry
Laboratory: Chemoinformatics and molecular design
- Address: Institute for Information Technologies Kragujevac, Jovana Cvijića bb, 34000 Kragujevac.
- IBI (Researcher Identification Number): AQ309
Žiko Milanović’s research is focused on investigating and defining the comprehensive mechanisms of antioxidant activity of various known and newly synthesized polyphenolic compounds using modern spectroscopic (EPR, DPPH, ABTS, FRAP, CUPRAC) and highly sophisticated computer methods. Also, it deals with the examination of structural properties (NBO and QTAIM analysis) with the aim of determining the potential reactivity and stability of compounds. Also, the research includes the application of computer methods and software for molecular docking and molecular dynamics with the aim of evaluating inhibitory activity and rational drug design. The application of the software made it possible to predict the binding orientation of newly synthesized derivatives (drug candidates) in their protein targets.
- Žiko Milanović, Dušan Dimić, Marko Antonijević, Milan Žižić, Dejan Milenković, Edina Avdović, Zoran Marković. Influence of acid-base equilibria on the rate of the chemical reaction in the advanced oxidation processes: Coumarin derivatives and hydroxyl radical. Chemical Engineering Journal, 453 (2023) 139648. DOI: 10.1016/j.cej.2022.139648, ISSN: 1385-8947, IF2021 = 16.744, 4/143; M21a; area: Engineering, Chemical.
- Žiko Milanović, Dušan Dimić, Milan Žižić, Zoran Marković, Edina Avdović, Mechanism of antiradical activity of newly synthesized 4,7-dihydroxycoumarinderivatives-experimental and kinetic DFT study, International Journal of Molecular Science, 22 (24) 2021. DOI: 10.3390/ijms222413273, ISSN: 1422-0067, IF2021 = 6.208, 50/180; M21; area: Chemistry, Multidisciplinary).
- Ana Amić, Jasmina Dimitrić Marković, Zoran Marković, Dejan Milenković, Žiko Milanović, Marko Antonijević, Denisa Mastiľák Cagardová, Jaime Rodríguez-Guerra Pedregal, Theoretical Study of Radical Inactivation, LOX Inhibition, and Iron Chelation: The Role of Ferulic Acid in Skin Protection against UVA Induced Oxidative Stress. Antioxidants, 10 (2021) 1303. DOI: 10.3390/antiox10081303, ISSN: 2076-3921, IF2021 = 7.675, 4/63; M21a; area: Chemistry, Medicinal).
- Žiko Milanović, Marko Antonijević, Ana Amić, Edina Avdović, Dušan Dimić, Dejan Milenković, Zoran Marković, Inhibitory activity of quercetin, its metabolite, and standard antiviral drugs towards enzymes essential for SARS-CoV-2: the role of acid–base equilibria. RSC Advances, 11 (2021), 2838-2847. DOI: 10.1039/d0ra09632f, ISSN: 2046-2069, ISSN: 2046-2069, IF2021 = 4.063; 75/180; M22; област: Chemistry, Multidisciplinary).
- Žiko Milanović, Jelena Tošović, Svetlana Marković, Zoran Marković, Comparison of the scavenging capacities of phloroglucinol and 2,4,6-trihydroxypyridine towards HO˙ radical: a computational study. RSC Advances, 10 (2020) 43262-43272. DOI:10.1039/d0ra08377a, ISSN: 2046-2069, IF2020 = 3.361; 81/178; M22; област: Chemistry, Multidisciplinary).